Saturday, December 13, 2014

Author George Dalton Stops By: A real cowboy who writes about the West.

Thanks, George, for stopping by.  Do you consider yourself a romance writer?


No Dina, not in the literal sense. However many of the scenes in my novels are very romantic.  


What makes a book romantic? 
Tender feelings or emotions between two people, or a person and a thing.  


Why did you choose the old west for your setting? It was a time of hardship, strong characters, and uncomplicated love. 


Do you ride horse-back?
 I have ridden horses all my life. I grew up on a small ranch in east Texas, My wife and I owned a ranch until 2005, yes I have herded many cows, doctored many cows, branded many cows and helped deliver many baby calves. 
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Collision-Dreams-George-Dalton-ebook/dp/B00LX956MY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1418483481&sr=8-2&keywords=george+dalton



If Collision of Dreams became a movie who would be the perfect cast?
I am ashamed to admit that I don’t watch enough movies to know the names of very many actors and actresses today. John Wayne is dead, Clint Eastwood is too feeble. Merle Street is too old.  Tom Cruse is too short, Tom Selleck is too old. I guess .I would have to nominate Dina Rae and that good looking husband of her's.
LOL, George!



Who do you like to read? Louis L”Amour, Zane Gray, John Grisham, Clive Cussler, W.ER.B. Webb, Karen Kingsbury, Mary Higgins Clark, Dee Henderson, Elmer Kelton, J. T. Edison. And Max Lacado.

What makes a good book?  A good book is any book where you have a difficult time finding a place to stop reading and go do something else.  


Favorite mistake when writing is..................no mistake should be a favorite, but the one I struggle with the most is telling rather than showing the scene.  


Do you have any advice for new writers?
IF you are writing fiction get a note and post it on your screen that says,WHAT IF, and then let your imagination go with it.
If you are writing non fiction try not to tell the story like it is an accident report.

Dina,
Thank you for taking time to talk with me Saturday and invite me to your blog. I had a fantastic day, sold almost $1,000.00 worth of books. WOW!  

I will be at Barnes & Nobile in North East Mall after church.  I will be signing books they have in inventory rather than books that I have bought so I won’t make as much money but... hey.

Thanks again,

George Dalton
PS: You know you can still order one for that husband of yours and get it in time for Christmas.Emoji


I love writing, I love meeting the people and I love redoing the reviews. Somebody actually got some enjoyment out of reading something that I created, how good is that?
George, it's been a real pleasure!

1 comment:

George Dalton said...

Dina, I hate a book that takes too long to get too the action.Like your books I start the action on page one and never stop until the climax at the end.

It was fun talking with you. Can't wait for your next release.

George

Review of Universal Studios and Fright Night

Last October, I went to Universal Studios (Hollywood) and Fright Night with my two young adult daughters. Below is a summary and review of t...